What is the deadline for registration?
- November 18th, 2014: Early registration ends
- November 25th, 2014: Final day for online registration
If you sign up by this date you can select your preferred t-shirt size, however shirt sizes are not guaranteed.
- November 27th, 2014: Day-of registrations
If you sign up on the day of the run, shirts will be available after the run at the finish line area on a first-come, first-served basis.
How much is the registration fee?
- Early registration (ends Nov 18th): $25
- Regular registration: $35
- Early child registration (10 and under, ends Nov 18th): $15
- Regular child registration (10 and under): $20
- * Infants and toddlers do not need to register if you don't want to get a t-shirt.
If you would like a t-shirt, you must register them as a child.
Where/when do we check-in and pick up our t-shirts?
There are two options.
- Wednesday, November 26th, 2014, Ballard Food Bank, 4:30pm to 7:00pm.
We recommend that you pick up your t-shirts during this time as it will make the morning of the run go much smoother.
Please do not show up early, the Food Bank is distributing food earlier in the day and will not be ready to
hand out t-shirts before 4:30pm.
- Thursday, November 27th, 2014, near the starting line at NW 85th St and 32nd Ave NW, starting at 8am.
Do I need to check-in if I requested the "No Shirt" option when I signed up?
No. There are no bibs, timing chips, or swag bags. So if you did not request a t-shirt, there is no need for you to check-in. Just show up
and have fun.
Can I get a refund because of weather or because I'm going to be out of town?
We're very sorry, but all registrations are final. This event will go on rain or shine. If you can no longer attend because your
holiday plans have changed, we hope you'd be willing to consider it a donation to the Ballard Food Bank.
If you'd like a receipt for tax purposes, please email
us and we'd be happy to help you with that.
Race Day Information
What should I expect on the day of the event?
This event is a casual run, less formal than other 5k run/walks you might have taken part in. There is no personal timing (although
we do have a timer clock at the finish line) and the course has not been officially measured to be exactly 5k, so this is not a good event if
you're shooting for a personal best. This is really meant as a way to come together during the holidays, have fun and help out our community.
Where should I park?
The best place to park is in one of the lots at Golden Gardens park which is where the Finish Line is. There is very limited street parking at
the top of the hill near the Starting line.
How do I get between Golden Gardens and the starting line?
There are several long staircases and a trail to get from Golden Gardens Park to the Starting Line area. Please allow about 15 minutes to walk
up the hill.
What time does the run start?
The run will start promptly at 9am. Please allow plenty of time to walk up the hill to the starting line and to pick up your t-shirt
if you didn't do it on Wednesday evening (see above; we strongly recommend picking up your t-shirt Wednesday evening at the Ballard Food Bank).
Will there be food available?
Yes, we will have water and fruit available at the finish line.
What if I lose something?
At the Finish Line, we will have a box for lost and found items. Any unclaimed items will be returned to the Ballard Food Bank and
held for two weeks. After that they will be donated.
What if I lose my child during the race?
If you happen to lose your child near the Starting Line, please go to the Registration Tent. If you happen to lose your child along
the route, we will have a designated volunteer near the Finish Line for any lost children.
Will first aid be available if I get hurt?
We will have a small first aid station near the Token Tents, one along the route near 57th and Seaview, and one near the Finish Line.
Can I bring my child in a stroller?
Yes. Take note however, that you will need to get the stroller between the park and the starting line.
We'd recommend getting dropped off at the starting line with the stroller, and then having someone else park your car at Golden Gardens.
Can I bring my dog?
Yes, the following are the dog requirements:
- All dog walkers must be over the age of 18.
- Dogs must be accompanied by a registered participant.
- Participants must pick up after their dog.
- Dogs must have current shots.
- All participants must agree to Waiver/Release.
- All dogs must be kept on a maximum 6 foot leash at all times.
- Female dogs in heat will not be allowed to participate.
- At the sole discretion of the Event Coordinator, dogs whose behavior is unruly or might prove to be hazardous to participants,
other dogs or spectators, will be requested to leave the Seattle Turkey Trot premises.
- All dog walkers must comply with site location rules not listed above.
Can I walk instead of run?
Absolutely, we always have a sizable group of walkers. We simply ask that you start near the back of the pack to allow the runners and joggers to
head out first.
Do you need Volunteers?
Yes! Even if you don't want to participate in the run but would like to help out, we can use volunteers on the day
of the race. Please send us an email
we'll get back to you with more information. Thanks!
If you have any other questions, please contact us
and we'll answer as best we can.